for me, the ultimate summertime bbq session is making pizzas with friends.
za parties are just the best on the grill,
especially when someone knocks your socks off with a new creation.
i discovered this balsamic reduction pizza last night at my dear friend molly's.
she's a doll and offered her recipe which is sure to win over everyone at your next dinner party.
balsamic reduction pizza
- pick up pre-made dough from your favorite pizza spot.
my personal favorite is mountain high pizza pie
to make balsamic reduction sauce...
- add 2 cups of balsamic vinegar and 1/4th cup of brown sugar to a sauce pan
- bring both to boil, then reduce to a simmer
- stir often for 10 to 15 minutes until sauce thickens and ready to drizzle on pizza
- cook up some bacon strips and dice up once cooled
- caramelize yellow onions in the bacon grease
(or just olive oil)
- slice a few pears to add as a topping
when reduction sauce is ready...
- spread dough out evenly and pour sauce evenly
- add chopped pears, bacon, and onions
- sprinkle with a little blue cheese and a little mozzarella
once pizza is ready...
- light one side of the grill and brush the other side with olive oil
- place the pizza on the oiled side and cover
(you don't want direct heat under the pizza or it will burn)
- cook until the crust starts to turn golden brown and rotate if needed
enjoy the goodness!