it's impossible to do them all in just one summer.
i mean, there are literally thousands of things to do here and finding the time with work can be difficult.
static peak has been on my list as it doesn't require any ropes.
me + rock climbing = the elvis leg.
(you know, when you're so scared that your legs shake uncontrollably? that's me, with heights.)
we started super early at 6:45am and crossed paths with a bear and a moose in the first mile.
it's the perfect early morning hike through death canyon as its in the shade most of the way up.
and the views are pretty gorgeous.
static peak is 11,302 ft. high
the hike is about 19 miles round trip
5300 ft. elevation gain
- park at death canyon trail head in grand teton national park.
- follow signs to static peak divide: you'll pass phelps lake over look and campsites.
- once you get to the old ranger's cabin in death canyon, continue right following signs to static peak divide.
- pass mt. albright and stay on the trail all the way up
- it's a quick scramble to the top
- give yourself 8 hours and start early - they don't call it static peak for no reason!