December 4, 2011

Jackson Folk {meet, cat}

this is my second edition of Jackson Folk
and it's a special one.
not only is cat a crazy carefree character and sometimes in her own world...
she is insanely loving, creative, and always up for something awesome.
one of the biggest joys for me moving out west is meeting people like cat.


name: cat campbell
hometown: atlanta. (my southern peach )
time spent in JHole:  5 years....on and off
interesting fact: ran the jackson hole marathon with 6 days of training.  no joke.

what brought you to the wild west?
At 16, I was introduced to the Rockies for the first time by my aunt and uncle. They took me skiing in a tiny town called Crested Butte, Colorado and then later took me to their home in Big Mountain, Montana. It was the summer before I started college. I learned to fly-fish, developed a taste for microbrews, fell in love with bluegrass music, and discovered Glacier Nat. Park. It was only a matter of time before I would live amongst the strange wildflowers and big, chilly rivers.

be honest, how many jobs have you had in jackson?
I'm pretty familiar with the Jackson Shuffle. I counted at least 25 different jobs in the past 4 years. I have waited tables, cooked, even washed dished, modeled for world class artists, styled mansion, assisted photo shoots, personal assisted, dog sat, house sat, babysat, written for the local paper, sold paintings, taught children how to ski, and guided tours at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, you name it.  However, the one job that I want to be remembered for that has always been my proudest since the very beginning is being a Teacher.


how many times have you left jackson only to return because its the greatest place ever?
Five.
I spent my first summer guiding teens through Costa Rica. Later that year, I took off on an open-ended fly fishing trip throughout the West, British Colombia, and the Pacific Northwest. The following Spring, my aunt and uncle invited me to sail with them for a passage of their voyage around the world. I literally gave up everything in my life - love, job, family, security- for the sake of following my heart. Let's just say that I jumped on a motorcycle and went on the ride of my life through the Andes. I found paradise on a macadamia farm in Colombia, backpacked through Ecuador, a blazed a trail through Peru. 

The last time I left Jackson was to take a long walk on the Appalachian Trail with my beautiful cousin, Anne-Marie. Then I went to Italy. I guess what ultimately brought me back to Jackson this last time was to fly fish and drink Moscow Mules with my “gnomies” in Montana. That’s another annual tradition. I guess you could say that I am a nut for tradition. I like to keep the streak going.


biggest Jackson thrill?
We have Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park in our backyard!  Plus there are a lot of fearless inhabitants always encouraging another journey. Jackson thrills are big and small, daily, and endless.


craziest Jackson memory?
Spontaneously driving to the Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver 2010. We got to see the US Men take Gold in the Bobsled. Or the 1st ever 80's Ladies Ski Ballet that you organized. Tough call. I like to have my cake and eat it too.


so the biggest questions we all have..... do you know where your dog, Boo, is?
Call Dispatch!  Kidding - he is coiled up in a little ball on the couch across from me wondering when we are going to go play in the snow!

12 comments:

Padgett Hoke said...

What great photos, and a lovely little interview!

Catails said...

Meag, I had so much fun with this photoshoot and interview! I love my Egg...

Meowww

Megan said...

Cute interview - these photos are darling!!

his little lady said...

ha, i just adore this post SO much! the post is beautiful, i love the q&a, really just everything!
loving your blog every day ;)
xo TJ

Sarah Hartley said...

This is such a cute post. I like unconventional questions! I'm a new follower :) Stop by my blog some time and say hi, and follow back if you're interested.
Sarah
http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

Alison said...

aw, cute :) great photos, too!

Lindsay Nicole said...

Just saw you over at Mr.Taylor and His Lady and am now your newest follower! Look forward to reading your posts and gettin to know ya!

-Lindsay

www.lindzaynicole.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this! new follower!

Hannah Maple said...

Your photos are amazing...and I think Cat and I would be friends :)

.Candy. said...

this is a great interview! cool post! im hooked!



http://intoxicatedchameleon.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

woo for Atlanta! that's where I am now but always wanted to go west!

rs gold said...

Simply noticed a person at Mister.Taylor and His Woman and also feel now your current hottest fan! Look forward to looking at your content as well as gettin to understand huh!cheapest rs gold
FFXIV Gil For Sale